FREE WEBSITE CRITIQUE PAGE
We do Website Critiques for FREE. We will take the time to sit down with you, and help you understand why it is so important, and what needs to be done to fix your website, as well as what we charge to do it for you.
We take website critiques very seriously. Anyone that comes to us and asks us to do a website critique for them, can rest assured that we will be upfront, honest & professional about it. One cannot fix their own website, if they don’t know what is wrong in the first place.
The same goes for website design agencies. If they can’t fix their own website, and get the page speed where it needs to be with all the images optimized, then you can’t expect them to build a professional website for you.
It really does pay to do your research, and hire someone that really does care and takes pride in their work. We have worked with some Fortune 500 companies and we really do know what goes into a website to make it perform. We take pride in what we do, and it shows in our websites we design. Ask us for a Free Website Critique, and find out what you have been missing, and how to improve your website.
Here are a few things to look for and what Google expects in 2018. This way you can make an informed decision on whether you can do it yourself, or if you need to hire us to fix it for you.
A Short List of what needs to be looked at:
- A secure website – Google Security Blog as of July 2018, Google expects all websites to have an SSL Certificate, letting users know that the website is secure. Look for the S at the end of the https://yourwebsite.com With so many websites being hacked, this is one way of locking up your website. If the web designer you have chosen to build your website does not have the SSL Certificate, walk away!
- When it comes to doing your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) here is the link to Google information on SEO. Google SEO Guide Follow this guide, and don’t deviate from it. Google is very specific about what it is looking for, and any mistakes you make can be very costly, and affect whether your website shows up on the search engines or not.
- The standard word count for each page is around 900 words. This helps Google get better descriptions and information about your website, which helps them rank you better.
- Most hackers are getting in through the 404 page error page, so make sure that it is locked up and no one can get in.
- Page Speed is a huge factor on whether people stick around and see your website, or move on. Our website load time (page speed) is an average of 1.6 seconds. You need to know what your page speed is on a mobile device, as well as a desk top. My opinion is anything over 3 seconds, and people just move on to the next website, which means you are losing visitors and possibly customers. It really does affect your bottom line!
- Are your Images Optimized for the website? This really affects your website load time (Page Speed). If your website has a lot of pictures to load, and your load time is say 12 seconds, then you need to get those pictures optimized, so your website loads faster.
- If you have videos on your website, you need to optimize those as well. It all affects your page speed.
- Where you host your website as well can affect how fast your website loads in the browser, giving you a failing page speed time.
- How many links you have on your website, can and does affect the page speed. Get rid of and eliminate all unnecessary links. The average is 88 per website, and that is still too high.
- And at the end of the very long list would be a site map. Yes, Google actually looks for a site map link on your page, and it needs to be built properly too. All these fixes and more can and do affect your bottom line, and whether or not the customers see your website, and if they come in the front door to shop.
As you can see, this list is endless and there is so much more than what I have listed here. It can be very overwhelming for someone with not much experience in website design.
We know you have probably spent a bundle on the website, and you thought that all of this work was included in that price. It all comes down to which agency you hired to build it for you. We can’t back up and stop you from making that mistake, but moving forward we are happy to work with you, and help you get your website working again.
Free Website Critiques is a service we offer to you, and we are happy to fix all the mistakes as well. Our fees are based on the amount of work there is and how much time it will take to fix them. Every website is different, some have more mistakes then others, and thus take longer to fix.
Contact us to get your website critiqued and fixed properly – We are happy to help you.
More Than Just Another Web Design Company
Kaayla – Valley Creative Agency